The Western Rivers Alliance asks that the QLD government commit to:
- Permanenly protecting the quantity, quality and variability of river flows in the Channel Country;
- Ensure that watercourses, floodplains and wetlands are permanently protected from large-scale, incompatible and destructive activities;
- Enshrine the rights of the public, local government, landholders and the broader community to lodge objections to development approvals;
- Embed a precautionary and ecologically sustainable approach to the management of the State's water resources;
- Guarantee that all water users in Queensland are afforded with equitable, consisent and secure access to the State's surface and groundwater resources.
Click here to download The Risks of Unconventional Gas Mining for Land, Water & Life report.